How do you handle repairs?

We are here 24/7 to assist your tenants with any issues that might arise. We will always try and resolve the problem on the phone if that is possible if not we will contact you to agree on how you want to deal with the problem.

How do you handle urgent repairs?

We are a 24/7 service should an emergency occur, we will access emergency tradesmen to make sure your renters and your property are protected.

Can I use my own contractors for repairs?

Yes. You can give us their details up front and we’ll keep them in our records for when they are needed, or you can let us know who they are when we contact you about a specific maintenance or repair issue.

What repairs are my renters liable for?

Your renters will have to pay themselves for broken windows, replacing light bulbs, shower hoses/heads, infestations, and any damage they cause.

Do I have to pay for fixing furniture and white goods?

If the items were in the property at the start of the tenancy, or if they break during the tenancy you are obliged to replace them under the terms of the tenancy.


Can I visit the property during the tenancy?

Yes, as long as you provide your renters with advance notice and they give their consent in writing. This is best dealt with by an account manager, tell us more about when and why you’d like to visit and we will arrange for the account manager to prepare the paperwork and call you back.

How often do you carry out inspections?

Will do the first inspection 3 months after the new tenancy starts, then every 6 months into the tenancy. You will receive photo reports after each inspection, and you will be able to instruct us to take further action based on these reports.

Rent payments

When will the rent be paid to me?

The first rental payment will be made to you in up to 7 working days after your renters move in, and within 5 working days from receipt in following months.

Can I have an annual statement of my rental income?

Yes, you will get a monthly and annual statement detailing the rental income and any deductions.These are issued in April each year.

When can I put the rent up?

It depends on what sort of contract you have with your tenants. If you are in a fixed term assured shorthold tenancy you cannot increase the rent. We can arrange a rent increase at renewal stage entering into a new AST, or if the tenancy goes onto periodic, we can give your renters’ one months’ notice of a rent increase. If your tenancy is already on a periodic basis we can arrange 1 rent increase per 12 months.

Some tenants expect a rent increase every year and others have had same rent for many years. We can advise on the best approach to increasing the rent in line with market values and the last increase, feel free to ask us for help.

Giving Notice

When can I give notice to my renters?

If you have a fixed term tenancy agreement, you must give two months notice in line with the end date of your agreement. For example: if you fixed term tenancy is due to end of the 15th May 2018 and you want your tenant to vacate on this date. You would need to provide written notice to all named tenants on or before the 15th March 2018. If you are on a periodic tenancy then please provide one month’s written notice in line with their rent payment date. For example, rent due on the 1st June 2018 – notice would need to be received on or before the 1st May 2018.

I decided to sell my property, can I get it back sooner than the agreed tenancy end?

If your renters are in a fixed term tenancy you can give two months notice (the last two months of the tenancy). For example, if you have a 12 month agreement not due to end until April 2019, you would not be able to get the property back sooner than this. We would serve notice in February 2019 for the agreement to end in April. If you are on a periodic tenancy then you can give your renters two months notice in line with the rent payment date. You can sell the property tenants in and the new owner will take on the responsibility of the tenancy agreement.

I need to move back into my property, can I get it back sooner than the agreed tenancy?

If your renters are in a fixed term tenancy you can give two months notice (the last two months of the tenancy). For example, if they are in a 12 month agreement not due to end until April 2019, you would not be able to get the property back sooner than this. We would serve notice in February 2019 for the agreement to end in April. If you are on a periodic tenancy then you can give your tenants two months notice in line with the rent payment date.

I need proof that my tenants have seen EPC, Gas Safety etc.

We are legally required to provide your renters with a copy of the EPC, Gas Safety Cert, rent guide, deposit certificate etc., if we don’t it can make issuing a section 21 (eviction) very tricky. We send these via email to them and get a read receipt via HelpScout, which serves as adequate proof for legal reasons.

Move out

Can I charge my tenant for check out?

No, we do not tenants absolutely no fees in relation to the check in or check out of a property.

Can I keep part of the deposit without an inventory?

No, with the exception of rent arrears and possibly utility charges.

How long can I keep the deposit once the tenancy ends?

The deposit needs to be returned to your tenants in 10 days.

Overseas landlords

I am an overseas Landlord do you handle tax payments?

As an overseas Landlord we would be required by law to deduct 20% from your rental income and transfer it to HMRC each quarter unless you have registered with HMRC as a non-resident landlord.

To prevent this 20% deduction from happening each quarter (Jan, Apr, July, Oct) ), you will have to register with HMRC using the NRL1i form link below – there is the option to complete the form online which should speed up the registration. HMRC will then send us a letter which will authorise us to send your rental income without tax deductions. There is also the link for the NRLS guidance document if you need further information. If you need further assistance, call us and we can arrange for someone in the Finance team to give you a call to answer any questions you may have.

HMRC Non-resident Landlord scheme guidance

NRL1i Form for Overseas Landlords

Our NRLS approval number is 904/NA057591 (You will need to use NA057591 on the online form) and the full company details are No Agent Technologies Ltd, 65-67 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4QS.


I am a landlord and I want to make a complaint, what steps do I take?

If you are unhappy about anything related to our service and wish to complain, here are the steps to take:

Step 1:

If you are unhappy with our service then please contact our customer experience team who will attempt to resolve the issues you are facing. They can be contacted by phone on 0330 999 1234 (Option 1) or email

Step 2:

If our customer experience team are unable to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction then please contact our Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working day and will assess your complaint and discuss or direct it towards the line manager of the correct department(s) and provide a response back to you within 5 working days.

Call – 0330 999 1234 (Option 1) or e mail, FAO Charlie Reid.

Step 3:

If this is still not resolved to your satisfaction then please write to our Directors Team.

Howsy – Directors Team

65 Leonard St



Your complaint will be acknowledged within 2 days and a full investigation was undertaken with a formal response sent to you within 28 days which will be Howsy’s final response to the issues raised.

Step 4:

If we are still unable to resolve your issues or you are not happy with the resolution then you would need to put your complaint in writing to the Property Redress Scheme (PRS). Their contact details can be found at


Can you handle and register the deposits?

Absolutely. If you don’t have the time or don’t want to deal with it, we will take care of putting the deposit from your renters in a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme (TDP). We work with My Deposits, and we will charge a £18.00 one off fee for handling and registration of the deposit. If you’d rather do it yourself, we’re happy to provide guidance.  


What happens after I create a profile on the Howsy platform?

After you create a profile you will be contacted by one of our colleagues from the sales team. On average it takes 20 minutes until we call you back, but if you are busy and can’t talk we will call later or send you an email. Our colleague will talk to you to make sure that we understand all your requirements, and then notify the Property Account Manager and their team who will begin proceedings to prepare the property to go live on the relevant marketing portals.   

We will also need you to provide a few details, including evidence that you are the lawful owner of the property you are renting:  

– A copy of your I.D (Passport, Driving License)

– Your home address (For any future correspondence)

– Bank details (For rent collection)

– Gas Safety Certificate (If the property has gas)

Of the above list, the most relevant to start marketing is the copy of your I.D.  We are required by law to do property ownership checks for all the properties we market. The rest can always be passed on at a later date if you were more comfortable to do so.


How do you handle keys?

We have a three key policy for all properties we manage, one set for the renter and two for us whilst managing.

If you are using our services for viewings and/or photography, we can arrange a meet with yourself or whomever currently hold the keys in the area to exchange them. Alternatively if that isn’t achievable the keys can be posted to our Operations Office, address below. If you are conducting your own viewings the keys can be supplied once the renters moved in. If you will use our service to check the tenant in,  we would need these sent before the confirmed move in date. If I could also ask you confirm your availability for viewings so they can be booked in accordingly should you be doing them yourself.


Please address to the attention of Landlord Support and leave a note of your first name only.


Unit 18 Boiler House

Electric Wharf

Sandy Lane



Plans & Pricing

Do you serve Section 21?

If you currently have your property managed by Howsy, we will serve this for you at no extra cost. Let your property manager know if you need to arrange it.


What is included in a property inventory?

A property inventory is an independent, detailed, thorough and descriptive inspection of the condition of the property, including any furniture – if furnished property – with photographic evidence. Our inventories also includes the check in process handing over the keys, right to rent and smoke alarm check within the fee. After the inspection a report will be sent out to both parties, then both renters and landlord have the opportunity to add or amend, before each signing. This is then repeated when the tenant moves out and any damage more than wear or tear is noted and could affect the amount returned on the deposit. If you don’t have an inventory, we can help you. Check our Marketplace for prices.

How much do you charge for an inventory?

The average price for an inventory is £140.00.  The Inventory cost depends on the size of the property and whether it is furnished or not. It includes the check-in process handing over the keys, right to rent and smoke alarm check. This can be as little as £88.00 for a 1 bed flat or £184.00 for a 5 bed house.

What is a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) and how long does it last?

A CP12 is a gas safety certificate that is legally required by the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. It lasts for 12 months, as part of our service we notify Landlords when this is due and organise for an engineer to attend and reissue. If you don’t have one, we’ll get one for you. Check our Marketplace.

What is a section 21?

This is the official court title for an eviction notice. It’s used in England & Wales by landlords to evict tenants and to gain possession of a property that is let under an assured shorthold tenancy. You can download a section 21 Template here.